Hi, I’m April Moore.
More than 25 years ago, I moved with my family to the Shenandoah Valley. I love the place — with its beautiful mountains and valleys, the river, the people — more every day.
I am now retired from a career largely spent organizing, writing, and editing for nonprofit organizations — working for consumer rights and protections, for national security in a nuclear-armed world, and for such essentials as clean air, clean water, and a healthy climate. I also spent years teaching elementary school.
“I have worked to give back to this area that has given me so much, volunteering in efforts to strengthen our public schools, support our local farmers, and protect one of our area’s most special assets: the North Fork of the Shenandoah River.”
I have always believed in civic involvement and the power of engaged citizens to make our communities, our state, our nation, and our world better for all of us.
I have been happily married for 32 years. My husband and I are the parents of three fine adults and the grandparents of three lovely little girls.
Why I’m Running
The citizens of the Shenandoah Valley deserve to be represented in Richmond by someone who is working to serve the people, not giant corporations like Dominion Power.
In Richmond, I will work for:
- the protection of property rights against such boondoggles as the Atlantic Coast Pipeline and the Mountain Valley Pipeline.
- ethics reform and integrity in Virginia government, which currently has a D rating from the Center for Public Integrity.
- solutions to the opioid crisis, which claimed the lives of more than 1,200 Virginians in 2017.
- the creation of more jobs and better jobs through green energy.
- strong public schools for all of our young people.
- protection of Virginia’s vital military installations that are threatened by rising seas.
- a strong Virginia economy that extends beyond the state’s urban centers and into our area.
The people of the 26th district should be reassured that I am not for sale. I will accept absolutely no donations from Dominion Power, nor will I accept funds from any fossil fuel company or monied interest.
If I am elected, I will represent no one but you, the people of the 26th district.